Train the Trainer
The Train the Trainer Program is a five day sports accreditation program conducted in rural communities by National Sporting Organisations for coaches, referees, umpires and administrators. Additional OSEP Programs including Sports in Community Administrators (SiC) Course and Community Coach and Official (CC&O) Course are programs aimed at developing basic sports administration and coaching skills. The program presents coaching, officiating and administration pathways for participants who wish to take up coaching refereeing or sports administration to a higher level in a sport they are interested in. of their choice.
The program practicing coaches, administrators and technical officials, as well as those aspiring to coach referee or administer in sport.
The skill sets of the program include;
- Accredit community leaders through NSO coaching and refereeing accreditations
- Set participants up on coaching, officiating or administration pathways
- Develop skills relating to establishing and managing community multi-sports clubs
- Develop events organization skills
- Design club structures, constitutions and codes of ethics for club stakeholders
The program content includes; Sports Specific Coaching Topics, Sport Specific Refereeing and Umpiring Topics, Sports Physiotherapy, Diet and Nutrition, Non-Communicable Diseases Awareness and Prevention, Fitness Leaders – Aerobics Instructions and movement mechanics. In addition, two programs from OSEP(Oceania Sports Education Programs) SiC (Sports In Community Administration Course) and CC&O(Community Coaching and Officiating Course)are added to enhance the skills of participants accredited in the program.