JOJI LIGAMANAGER SPORTS DEVELOPMENT
We aim to create and improve sports development opportunities at all levels. The Development Programs are designed in such a way that they cover all sectors of the community. Our Development Unit operates from three offices in Suva (for the Central and Eastern Division), Lautoka (Western Division) and Labasa (Northern Division). Sports Development Officers based in the divisions are tasked to plan, deliver and report on programs they deliver in the community.
Sports Development Programs
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PERSONNEL ENGAGED ON FIJI NATIONAL SPORTS COMMISSION PROGRAMS
- Observe Fiji National Sports Commission’s standards of program delivery.
- Place the safety and welfare of participants above all else
- Promote respect for participants of the program.
- Avoid any situations which may lead to or be construed as a conflict of interest
- Be a positive role model in behavior and personal appearance
- Keep up to date with the latest ‘Laws of the Game’ of the sport you represent, trends and principles of their application
- Refrain from any form of sexual harassment
- Do not be intoxicated or drink alcohol at any point during the program.
- Provide opportunities for participants to be involved in planning, leadership, evaluation and decision-making related to their activity.
- Ensure quality supervision and instruction for participants during the program.
- Uphold the values of integrity, service excellence, accountability, transparency, teamwork, safety and security of the Fiji National Sports Commission
A 1-3 hour program aimed at promoting health and wellness across all
ages in the community. Target group includes corporate organisations,
schools, villages and the community at large. Activities include; park
aerobics, zumba activities, walk for health, community organised
A 3-5 day accreditation program endorsed by the NSO to accredit
coaching and technical officials in the community. The program targets
practicing or aspiring coaches and administrators who are carefully
selected to undergo training to become community and club coaches,
administrators and technical officials.
A sports and physical activity program that targets the involvement of
people with a disability, special schools and institutions, old people’s
homes, orphanages, marginalized in society.
A two hour sports program conducted in schools or the community
where a range of sports are delivered at an introductory level.
A three day sports education program targeted at up-skilling school
teachers on the skills and theory of different sports. The program is
coordinated through National Sports Organisations in partnership with
schools or teacher training institutions and the Fiji National Sports
Commission. It targets teachers, sports teachers, teacher aids who
coach or train students in schools.
A five day community sports promotional program. Officers endorsed by the NSO (National Sporting Organisation) deliver the program in the community.